Conservation Areas

If you live in a Listed Building or a Conservation Area, any building works and planning applications can be fraught with difficulty. Whilst you might want to extend or insulate your property, the local authority may have other plans for your building. However, we can help you and advise you of your options.

Problems with Conservation Areas and Listed Buildings

Conservation areas are concerned with preserving exterior features of buildings. Listed Buildings rules concern both the exterior and interior of buildings. The Listed Building Act 1990, Listed Building curtilage, and Conservation Area designations are all issues that may have vital importance for you. Our experience throughout the South East of England involving all these issues is available to you.

Can We Help You?

Please call us on 01634 811 118, complete our online enquiry form, or email our planning law expert Nicholas Kingsley-Smith.

You might also be interested in our page on permitted development in conservation areas

Back to Planning Law UK 

The materials appearing on this website do not constitute legal advice and are provided for general information purposes only. No warranty, whether express or implied is given in relation to such materials. We shall not be liable for any technical, editorial, typographical or other errors or omissions within the information provided on this website, nor shall we be responsible for the content of any web images or information linked to this website. Viewing this website, or contacting us does not constitute a solicitor client relationship between you and this firm.