Permitted Development in Conservation Area

Permitted development in conservation areas is restricted. If you live in a conservation area and would like to make changes to your property, you need to speak to a solicitor about conservation area permitted development.

Planning permission in conservation areas

Permitted development conversation areas

Many homeowners enjoy permitted development rights, whereby changes can be made to a property without permission being granted by the local authority. These rights are limited for some properties, including those that lie within a conservation area, a national park, an area of outstanding natural beauty, and in the Suffolk and Norfolk Broads.

Conservation area permitted development

To find out if you require planning permission, you need to speak to a solicitor. As specialists in planning law, we will be able to review your proposed development and advise you upon your rights and responsibilities.

If your permitted development rights are restricted, we will help you pursue a planning application. We have significant experience in conversation area designations and will guide you through the process, helping you at each and every stage.

Permitted development conservation area – legal help

If you would like to speak to a solicitor about permitted development conservation area, do not hesitate to get in touch. We will explain permitted development in conservation areas in more detail, taking you through the options available.

For more information on conversation area permitted development and your planning project, contact us on 01634 811 118 or complete our online enquiry form. 

You might also be interested in reading more about planning permission in conservation areas.