The Working Time Regulations were designed to ensure that all employees have some protection in relation to their employment rights. If you are unsure how they relate to your staff then we can review your current working time practices and advise you what, if any, action should be taken to ensure compliance.
Basic Rights Under the Working Time Regulations
The basic rights are:
- a limit of an average 48 hours a week of working time
- a limit of an average 8 hours work for nightworkers
- free health assessments for nightworkers
- a right to 11 hours rest per day
- a right to a day off every week
- a right to a rest break if you work more than 6 hours per day
- a right to four weeks leave per year
Let Us Help Your Business?
Find more legal advice on Employment Law for business.
Back to Employment Law for Business Home